Friday, June 1, 2007

Five Songs Gardening Robbed Me Of

Alright, list time, heregoes:

I was outside working in the yard and accidentally left the music on inside. I was deadheading tulips, mostly, and cursing little maple trees out. JetAspirin knows my yard. There's a lot of tulips to take down after they bloom.

So, the miracle of modern technology, also known on this computer as iTunes, allows me to see what I missed.

Here are 5 songs I would've enjoyed hearing that technology wanted me to hear but I resisted for the touch of the earth and the green glow of chlorophyll.


American Music ~ Violent Femmes

Really I only like the first album, the Bsides to Gone Daddy Gone, and half-to-most of Hallowed Ground, but I've come to really like this song. Poke fun of me if you will.

Propadada ~ The Ex & Tom Cora
I had to go back and figure out which song this was, because I don't know titles except for State of Shock from this era. Funny thing how CDs make 'track 2' and 'track 4' what you knew of a song, and now song titles are back in the consciousness. Tom Cora and the Ex, a perfect pairing. They complemented each other and grew in each other's company.

Candy Says ~ Thalia Zedek
I prefer You're a Big Girl Now on this EP, but I like the whole thing. VU is one of the rare bands I prefer to listen to covers of than the actual band. Heresy, I know! She's My Best Friend by Wedding Present is perfect, for instance.

You Have Cum In Your Hair And Your Dick Is Hanging Out ~ Palace
Good song, startling title. Anyone know the set up of the joke that the title is the punchline to? Or can you make something up?

Party With Me Punker ~ Minutemen
"Party with me punkers, in a condo, in an air raid shelter... with marijuana, with a clenched fist!" At least that's how I always heard the lyrics. Damn the internet if my memory can now be proved wrong.
~Arum
now listening to Sitting There Standing ~The Chocolate Watch Band

No comments: