Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Randomizer, I am the

Titanarum: yes...I had been unconvinced of Detholz! greatness before witnessing their live show. It was truly transcendent rock and roll. Frankly, I'm a fan of the live act over their records.

Sites to link to? How about Hype Machine: http://hypem.com/

I love these MP3 aggregators. It's a neat way to see what's piercing the consciousness of the music bloggers of the world, and it's a fantastic way to listen to songs by folks you might not know. A bunch of new Dungen showed up right before their new album dropped last month, which was a great way to get excited about Dungen again (Ta Det Lugnt rocked my world last summer).

It was on Hype Machine that I first got to hear some of the new Wilco record, Sky Blue Sky. Not sure where people stand on Wilco, but I'll be goddamned if Sky Blue Sky is not fucking great. I can be listening and hea The Band, The Allman Bros. Zeppelin (ca. Phys Graf), and not a little Robert Fripp in Nels Cline's guitar playing. It's been a pleasure settling in with this record. I was at first unconvinced by Nels Cline's guitar wizardry and blistering fast technique, but the more I hear it, the more I like it. He's very tasteful and musical with his playing, and even when there's a lot of notes coming fast and furious, they all make wonderful sense.

Most recent album spins:
Joni Mitchell: Don Juan's Reckless Daughter
Midlake: The Trials of Van Occupanther
Stephen Malkmus: Face the Truth
Bitter Tears: The Ginning Corpse who Went to Town
Van Morrison: Astral Weeks

No comments: