Saturday, June 2, 2007

Victory Song

Hi. I've gotta talk to Titanarum and see what the idea is here, but already I've been invited in without particular instruction, so...
I was just out record shopping at Amoeba and they had Ween's "Pure Guava" album playing. When that came out, I was working at record stores and one night my co-worker Laura had to help a guy looking for music to soundtrack his video production. The guy told her he needed something "triumphant, inspirational" (I think his footage might have involved a high school track team), and she blanked on absolutely everything she'd ever heard except the delirious joy of "Push The Little Daisies." Filmmaker guy wound up going with Whitney Houston, of course.
I was never much of a Ween fan, but when I win at the Olympics, I know what song the orchestra has gotta play.

Currently listening: Blonde Redhead "23"

No comments: