Monday, June 25, 2007

Listening

After hearing a few songs by Joan as Police Woman, I went ahead and shelled out the $9.90 to buy her record in iTunes. There's certainly some good stuff, but I'm not sure about the record as a whole. I'll keep listening. Dig her here. And Here. And Here.

Also listening to Marianne Faithful's 2004 release Before the Poison on which seh collaborated with PJ Harvey, Nick Cave and John Brion. I heard this when it came out, but soemhow it didn't stick, but a friend just came back from a road trip singing its praises, so I'm going back for another listen, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

2 comments:

SMSorrow said...

It's funny to me that you mention Joanaspolicewoman, because I saw her play violin in the Dambuilders in maybe 1993? Around the same time I saw Superchunk, who played a free outdoor show in my neighborhood yesterday (I caught about 1/2). Yes, I've been feeling old lately.

RS said...

I love that MF record. Guy at Ruchmore in the neighborhood turnd me onto it.

Discussionpoint: How would you compare that effort to American Cash stuff?

Also, have you heard Grinderman? Nive Cave's No Pussy Blues is frickin' perfect.

Lastly, do you check eMusic before hitting up iTunes? The DRM on iTunes bugs me, so I avoid it.